With a date of origin before 1090, this monastery was one of the main Benedictine houses between the 12th and 14th centuries. Of the medieval work nothing remains due to later reforms. The current church with valuable baroque carvings dates from 1716-1719, while the cloister and library were built as well. After its extinction, in 1834, the church became a parish church and the monastic dependencies became ruined.
Visit by appointment
Tel .: +351 253 622 670