A rock castle, whose origin is prior to the creation of the nation, its holder was Fernão Mendes, the Braganção, who in 1145, during the reign of D. Afonso Henriques, donated it to the Templars. Among other works, the keep was built around 1172, according to the inscription there. After the extinction of the order of the Temple, the castle was passed to the order of Christ and later to the Távoras. In 1758 it was already in an advanced state of ruin.
Tel .: +351 226 197 080