With probably previous origin, the Castelo de Mogadouro appears documented in the 12th century, when Fernão Mendes, the Braganção, donated it to the Templars. The keep is from this period. It was the seat of Commendation of the Order of Christ and from the 14th century Palace of the Távora family, lords of Mogadouro and chief mayors. After the process of the Távoras (1759) the building becomes degraded, turning into a complete ruin throughout the 19th century.
Phone: 351 226 197 080