Celorico de Basto

Castelo de Arnóia

Monuments | Patrimony

The Castelo de Arnóia (also known as Castelo de Moreira and Castelo dos Mouros), located between Arnóia and Moreira, in the municipality of Celorico de Basto, is classified as a National Monument since 1946 and is owned by the State.

It was an important castle head of land, already mentioned in the inquiries of 1258 and its construction is part of the movement of fortification that marked the European territory between the 10th and 12th centuries. The Castle of Arnóia is part of the Romanesque Route.

Celorico de Basto

Get directions

How to get

Plus Code: 9W7X+C6 Carvalho

Lugar do Castelo, Arnoia, Celorico de Basto


Contact Tourist Office


Contact Tourist Office


Phone: (+351) 255 323 100 
Email: lojaturismo@cm-celoricobasto.pt 

Website: mun-celoricodebasto.pt

See Also